Mastering the Inner Journey is a step-by-step process of crafting a compelling hero, with very human desires and the dynamic courage to face the internal change that lies at the heart of all award-winning stories.
A story’s plot generates excitement and interest for the reader, but it is conflict within the hero that keeps the reader involved.For many writers, this can be the most difficult part of writing a long-form story but it lies at the very heart of what bonds your reader to you –what makes real fans out of the most casual reader.
In this new series, Art Holcomb will show you:
· How your hero’s personal history is the key to exciting prose
· What brings out the truth in your story
· How to advance and develop the hero’s arc through each phase of the story
· How to connect to your reader through your own passion
· Where the Outer Journey and Inner Journey diverge in every story – and how each is incomplete without the other
· The difference between conflict, turmoil, and drama
· How secrets, surprises, and mistakes are the keys to a great character
· How to easily turn your character’s flaws into conflict
· Finally understanding not just the nature of your hero wants – but of their NEEDS
· Why the Inner Journey is essential to a book or film SERIES – and how to keep your hero fresh and compelling through it all
The series comes with a workbook of more than fifty questions and exercises that will lead you toward really understanding your hero and what they need to accomplish in your story to make the reader turn the pages. By answering the questions, and doing the brief exercises, you will create a compelling and very HUMAN hero – and build a story that will grab the reader and never let them go.
This course is designed for:
· The aspiring writer who wants to understand what really makes a hero tick – and to get that clear down on the page.
· The working writer who is seeing his/her stories not reaching the readers the way that they should
· The accomplished writer who wants to write at a higher level and for a bigger audience.
This is a lesson in ESSENTIAL STORYTELLING and will inform and improve all writers – for the page, stage, AND screen. I have taught this technique to novelists, screenwriters, comic book creators, and playwrights
The 5-part audio/workbook series launches on September 10 and will go on sale to the public for $197.
To order, you can just send $197 to PayPal (to account: firstname.lastname@example.org)