On December 8, 9, and 10, Writer’s Digest University presents its 2nd Annual Historical Fiction Virtual Conference.The event will provide expert insights from seven award-winning and bestselling authors on the finer points of how to write within the historical fiction genre.
Spend the weekend learning techniques for honing your craft from seven different published authors*, then (if you choose) pitch your novel via query letter to a literary agent specifically looking for material in this genre. The agent will provide you with a personalized critique of your query – and maybe ask to see more.
Experience the education, camaraderie, and opportunities provided by a live writing conference without ever having to leave your home!
All participants will benefit from:
- SEVEN all-new, one-hour webinar presentations provided by award-winning and bestselling historical fiction authors*, all examining different aspects of writing novels in these genres. Each session will include an opportunity for live Q&A with the authors!
- A critique (with written feedback) of your query letter from an agent with experience in the historical fiction genre.
- A bonus 90-minute OnDemand webinar covering how to write a query letter so you’re prepared when pitching your novel to agents. (A $79.99 value!)
- The ability to network with fellow historical fiction writers via discussion boards that will be open throughout the weekend. Share ideas and even your work if you choose.
- Unlimited OnDemand viewing! All conference sessions will be made available for download in the week following the live presentations. Even if you can’t attend every session live, you will be able to view each lecture on your own whenever you choose.
Learn Valuable Techniques to Hone Your Craft
*Our craft-focused conference schedule is designed to provide the kind of education that all historical fiction writers can use to take their work to the next level. Click on the “Conference Schedule” tab for the complete details on our lineup.
- The Four Tools Every Armchair Historian Needs When Writing and Researching by Vanessa Riley
- Judith Lindbergh
- Incorporating Queer Characters Into Historical Fiction by C.E. McGil
Pitch Your Historical Fiction Novel to a Literary Agent
Join us for the live event and have a chance to get written feedback on your query letter from a literary agent who works with historical fiction authors.
Click here for more details.
Click here for registration.